Continuous Integration and Release Manager
• Four-year college degree, ideally in technical discipline
• Experience building and running continuous integration environments that support multiple development teams working toward towards common builds.
• Demonstrated release management track record experience ideally in a medium to large size web environment that includes generating builds.
• Solid understanding of the practical agile development. Experience with agile practices of continuous integration and unit testing
• Able to participate in technical discussions with open-source and Microsoft developers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience using the Jenkins/Hudson Continuous Integration platform a plus
• Design and implement a continuous development and deployment process that is uniform throughout several development teams and across projects
• Implement Continuous Integration validation tests on code check-in. Design and implement, working with QA automation team, post check-in automated unit and system tests.
• Establish and document workflow. Train development, QA and production deployment teams.
• Manage tools. Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of build/deployment systems.
• Plan, coordinate and execute releases to QA, stage and production environments.
• Manage complex code branches from multiple development teams for current and future releases. Merge code and ensure successful builds with intended functionality.
• Ensure releases are documented for supportability and functionality and stakeholders spanning multiple organizations are notified in advance.
• Coordinate production releases with support, operations teams and business stakeholders.
• Oversee deployment, testing and business acceptance of release when transitioned to production during maintenance windows.
• Recognize opportunities for improvement and implement initiatives for change.
• Demonstrate awareness of business priorities and objectives and that role that IT play in enabling business objectives to be met.
• Build positive team relationships in an environment that includes multiple divisions and teams all working towards the same end goal.
Position is in Hampton Roads VirginiaSalary is commensurate with experience